[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 2184: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 2184: Array to string conversion
miechu.pl • View topic - Freemeter in Vista with Android USB tethering
Username:
Password:
It is currently 09 Dec 2018, 23:06

Post subject: Freemeter in Vista with Android USB tethering
PostPosted: 31 Oct 2012, 06:37 

I share internet from my Android mobile to my computer via USB cable, it shows in network devices as "Remote NDIS based Internet Sharing Device" and it is similar to LAN network interface as much as I can see, it is grouped to same adapter group as LAN and same terms are used to describe it, but for some reason it is not possible to select it in Freemeter.

It is bit of bother as many software that test for internet seem not to be able to find it, even internet works just fine, some work, maybe they use different method for internet checking, however I don't know which such is.

So as it is of now, with my hardware, Freemeter is not working, but maybe there is chance that at some day it will be found out what would be method that would list also this kind of adapter?

With quick search, I did not found much about programming related samples from usb rndis devices, but I guess someone must have found reason why those don't show up with same method as WLAN and LAN interfaces.